Friday, April 16, 2010

Topic: Gang Violence

Well, after last week I was thinking can the violence in children get any worse, yes I am learning now that it can. We are now focusing on gang violence in children.

Why would a child join a gang?
~Lack of social support.
~Low income.
~Nothing better to do.
~Media Influences.

Seriously, when you think about it, a gang offers you the chance to alleviate all of those things. Suddenly, you have a group of people that support you, help to take care of you, and give you something to do. Plus, your favorite movie is about gangs. All your missing pieces are here, but at what cost?

Here are the LAPD gang stats:
http://www.lapdonline.org/crime_maps_and_compstat/content_basic_view/24435

As one can see, there is a lot happening out there in L.A. But this is not just a California thing, gang issues are everywhere.

How can I find out more and avoid it for myself/my family/my loved ones?
Read here for more information:
http://www.lapdonline.org/get_informed/content_basic_view/1396

No comments:

Post a Comment